Friday 29 November 2013

T.O.K.Y.O : Day 7 - Ikebukuro + Namja Town Part 1

July 2013

Ikebukuro - our last stop in Tokyo. The usual places that tourists will visit when they are in Tokyo will be Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku and last but not least Asakusa. You can also consider Ikebukuro as there are outlets in Shinbuya also based in Ikebukuro - e.g. Garuda - my favourite clothing shop which sells fashionable denim wears and dresses. 

Staying in Ikebukuro is cheaper than in Shibuya and Shinjuku, although we really have a hard time looking for our hotel since it was not a hotel building by itself. 



Gift Gate Shops are everywhere in major parts of Tokyo. I visited every outlet whenever I see one to check out My Melody merchandises.

Ah~~ My Melody. If only these shelves of My Melody belong to me 

We are back to Su ta Don Ya (すた丼屋) at Ikebukuro's branch.
This time round, we tried their beef rice meal at 780 yen. Hmm, pork rice set is nicer.   


 It is still worth trying for beef lovers out there. I do not like to eat the hard to chew connective part of the meat, so I waste quite an amount of it.



Semi-boiled egg mixed with the well-marinated meat and the gravy. 

Do you see the coco -cola candy in bottle shaped form? It is an interesting packaging to me. It is found in a shop on the ground level of Sunshine City. 

This is how long it is, in comparison with myself. I didn't buy it as I did not wish to add more stuffs into my backpack. Overloaded with mainly clothes and a small percentage of snacks.

Another interesting item spotted in that shop is the moving water inside the speaker with colored lights illuminating it as the water flow up and down according to the rhythm of the song played. The colors of the lights changes accordingly as well. 


Found a cute piggy plush toy and pose with my pouty lips.
Next we head to Namja Town, situated within the same mall - Sunshine City.


Entry to Namja Town. Again, I was disappointed with the lack of attractions. I should have bought an entrance ticket without the additional charges for attractions. Namja Town is for those who wanna try out different types of Gyoza in the Gyoza Stadium and cute ice-creams in Ice-cream City.


A miraculously nice full body shot by the terrible photographer D

Our tickets!!

Cats, Cats, Cats. This shows how much Japanese love cats. Namja Town seems to be about Cats with the two kitty statues to greet visitors at the entrance. Here are some small kitty displays. Inside Namja Town, there are different themed walls and fake shop displays which allow cam whores like to me to take photos with different backgrounds.









Bright colored wall painting with Garden theme. 



 Cute House


Talking Bread Section

These breads can talk...Do you believe it? Haha, there must be hidden speakers within. 
MiN @ talking bread section









I like this colorful wall paint







I can't stop talking photos at this section of Namja Town




Check out for my cute ice cream in the next post soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment