Thursday 14 November 2013

T.O.K.Y.O: Day 3 Part 2: Yoyogi Park + Takeshita Street

July 2013

After a visit to Meiji Shrine, we went over to Yoyogi Park, which is just next to the shrine when you exit from the main entrance. Since I had read about people who dress up as their favourite anime characters will usually gather at Yoyogi Park during the weekends, I was looking forward to see interesting looking people there. 




At the entrance of the park, there were Elvis Presley lookalikes dancing along with Elvis Presley's songs. It attract attention of the passerby and I was impressed with Elvis Presley. His fans still love him so much despite he passed away way before my birth.

No sight of any cosplayers :( Not that I am a fan of cosplay.Nevertheless, Yoyogi Park is a nice park for the locals to have picnic and gathered with their friends. If I stay in Tokyo, it is definitely a place for me to have picnic there with my friends. I forgot to take photo of a man who was using a wooden loop stick to create huge bubbles with some kinda soap solution.






Next, it is shopping time at Takeshita Street. During the first 2 days in Tokyo, I didn't manage to buy any clothes. My first mini skirt was bought at Takeshita Street. Generally speaking, the prices of the items sold there are relatively affordable than shopping at Shibuya or Shinjuku.  

I like the decor of this shop's entrance with stuffed up doggies outside and girly colours painted on the entrance.

I bought a nice cap which cost me 1260 yen even though I don't wear cap often. 



 Photo taking while waiting for D to try out his clothes. I don't really try out most of the clothes I bought because my body frame kinda suits most of those small size clothes. 

Oversized top which I didn't buy in the end. We spent the whole afternoon shopping at Takeshita Street and during my Tokyo Trip, I was down with a cold and running nose. Poor me! Sob Sob

 Next, we head over to Harajuku Street which we did not buy anything there. Reason - Pricer clothing as they were mainly designer clothes and shoes.


This is what I bought during my first visit to Harajuku. Apparently, we can't get enough of Takeshita Street and decided to go back on a later date.

From bottom right corner in clockwise direction:

Heart-shaped US Flag design bag - 2131 yen
Blue crop top with multi-colored dress - 3192 yen
Short sleeve shirt with different design buttons - 1990 yen
Cap - 1260 yen
Cute Pink Tee - 1599 yen (I don't even wear T-shirt yet I bought this?! It tells you how cute it was. Gonna wear it for my next month bangkok trip. Stay tuned to the upcoming blog about Bangkok!

White crop top - 1900 yen 

Next: T.O.K.Y.O: Day 4 - Sanrio Puroland






No comments:

Post a Comment