Sunday 17 November 2013

T.O.K.Y.O: Day 4 Part 3 - Birthday Dinner @ THE LOCKUP + Kabukicho

July 2013

I always like interesting dining places especially those al fresco places and themed cafes / restaurants. Whenever I was at Taiwan,I will wanna go to such themed places because Taiwan has quite a number of such themed cafes. But I read that the prison themed restaurant at Taiwan had already closed down. Luckily, Tokyo has one which is THE LOCKUP. They have several branches in Tokyo alone and here we go....


Dinner @ The Lockup Kabukicho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 1-16-3
Shinjuku Square Building 6 ~ 7F http://www.lock-up.jp/menu/

                                   


Entry to our cell. We were greeted by a female police who handcuffed D and brought us to our cell which was to be our dining 'room'

Acting like a lunatic while D was browsing the menu



The paper wrapper with chopsticks inside



D ordered this with green syrup inside the syringe.He drank the syrup separately so in the end, the actual drink was just mainly water....Bland


We ordered different types of rice dishes and I couldn't remember the name of it :( Sorry. As I am writing this post, I check out their menu online for the names of the dishes, well it wasn't in the menu anymore. They had made changes to their menu. This is good as it means that the next time I visit The Lockup, there is always something new to try. 



Biscuits in stick form with cheese dip

Lights off! There was an annoucement in Japanese and I guess it was about the prisoners who had jailbreak as scary masked characters started to go around the jail and scared diners. There were screams from girls but I did not scream. LOL. One masked guy climbed up our cell's wall from the outside and he must have find us boring because we were not terrified. I was worried that if those creepy people came inside our cell, I will definitely freak out. Luckily, they only scared us from the outside.

Trying to pose with my eyeball drink. We ordered non alcoholic drinks. 



The eyeball was made of something starchy and I guess it could be some kind of rice ball etc. 

The price of the food and drinks are reasonably affordable as they were mainly small portions. That explains their cheap price range on the menu. Never ask for bill in English because it sounds like ordering for bi-ru which is beer in Japanese. 

Please say, "okaikei shite kudasai" which means "Can I have the bill please?"
I learnt this because I had to clear the misunderstanding between D and the waitress as she thought he wanna ordered 1 can of beer -_-"


On our way out....we have to go down one floor via the staircase to make payment 


Coming out from Lock Up, we walked around the area and explored Kabukicho. 

I do find some Japanese guys on Tokyo street quite good looking. But those guys feature on those advertising boards are way too feminine looking for my liking.



Here's Kabukicho -Japan's largest red light district features countless restaurants, bars, nightclubs, pachinko parlors, love hotels and a wide variety of red light establishments for both sexes and sexual orientations. Explore with caution and beware of exorbitant cover fees.  and a wide variety of red light establishments for both sexes and sexual orientations. Explore with caution and beware of exorbitant cover fees.


Since we have some time, we went off to buy Krispy Kreme at Shinjuku area. 

Different countries' Krispy Kreme sell slightly different flavour of thedoughnuts and Tokyo has green tea flavour. Yummy


It was my birthday and something 'interesting' happened to me. A Japanese guy approached me from the street in Shinjuku and spoke to me. All I could say was ' Wa Ka Ri Ma Sen' which meant I do not understand what he was saying. Maybe he wanna befriend me but when D came over, he hurried away. Well, I wasn't interested in geeks like him. 









No comments:

Post a Comment