Monday 11 November 2013

T.O.K.Y.O - Day 1 Part 1 > Airport > Asakusa




July 2013

It is my first time travelling to Japan and the first part of Japan to go >>> T.O.K.Y.O. I like Tokyo's street fashion among the youngsters and travelling to Tokyo means I do not need to worry about how people judge my dress sense. It took me many years before making up my mind to go Japan as it is well-known for its high standard of living compared to Singapore. Since the air ticket to Tokyo is now affordable and together with my basic Japanese language knowledge, Japan, Here I come!!!

 
My apple icon jacket bought at Kuala Lumpur


While Transit at Taipei's Taoyuan International Airport to Tokyo


On the way to Asakusa via train from Narita International Airport


On my way to 浅草寺 (Sensō-ji)


Kaminarimon (Kaminari Gate)


I did not buy any souvenirs at Nakamise Shopping Street. The items were either too overpriced or I was just not a fan of souvenirs. 













It didn't pop out in my mind why these statues have red cloths around their necks. Now it makes me wonder why......





Since it was not a guided tour around Sensō-ji, I did not have much to share its history. 


For every country I go, I always visit the respective countries' places of worship. If travelling is purely to shop, it is too much of a bimbo's act to me and I don't like it. To me, travelling is all about experiencing different cultures, meeting people of different backgrounds, appreciating their places' history, trying out their cuisines, and to enjoy being in a foreign country. 

Next to go: Day 1 Part 2 > Tokyo Skytree District


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Screen Shot of my planned itinerary


No comments:

Post a Comment