Monday 23 December 2013

BANGKOK II : Day 1 - Pratunam Market Area

Dec 2013

My 2nd trip to Bangkok! It is to revisit the main shopping areas, eat my favourite Thai food and try out new Thai food I have not eaten before and to visit new places.


Here's the window view from my plane's seat


I was at Bangkok's MacDonalds and saw these four interesting dips which you can get by paying 10 baht for each - Dip it Your Way

Cheese Dip, Classic Mayo Dip, Italian Dip, Berry Mayo Dip - Ain't the last dip weird?

I checked into my hotel which was Ten Stars Inn. As you can see, my deluxe room is so spacious and they even shaped the towels to form a heart shape resembling two swans kissing each other

Ten Stars Inn - 44/1-2, Soi Petchburi17, Petchburi road

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and it was easy to locate. Once at the entrance of the hotel, you can turn to your left and see Pantip Plaza opposite. So convenient, especially less than 10 minutes of walk to Pratunam Market for cheap shopping and Thai street food - Yummy!


It is a must to eat Mac's Samurai Pork Burger. Love the sauce that add flavour to the pork patty.







I bought 5 tops before I even reached my hotel to check in. It is impossible not buying at least a piece of clothing if one is in Pratunam Market.


The hotel staff folded the towels into lovey dovey swans - haha, but I was staying alone in this deluxe room





I went to Pantip Plaza for my A&W Root Beer Float. 









My favourite salt-grilled fish

Soup Beef Noodles - Love the tender beef and the soup. I find Thai street food portion is quite small. I finished my vermicelli even before the ingredients had been finished. 







I bought washing powder at 10 baht to wash my clothes during my stay in Bangkok. Seriously, I can't understand why people will rather bring back their stinky clothes to their country to wash. Well, I won't wanna pay for laudry service if I could wash it myself.

In Pratunam Wholesale market, it is cheaper to buy clothes in bulk to enjoy a cheaper rate. 

The black hairband I bought it for only 5 baht outside Platinum Fashion Mall. 

Most of the clothes featured above cost 100-150 baht per piece at Pratunam Market



No comments:

Post a Comment