Tuesday 3 December 2013

BANGKOK: Day 2 Part 1 - Chatuchuk

Dec 2012

How can one miss out shopping at Chatuchuk? Chatuchuk is a must visit for anyone who visits Bangkok. Even though it was just like a ordinary market place without air conditioner and looks real rundown, my first visit there was a new and unexpected experience. I get to see adorable irresistible cutie baby animals there, yummy green color mango sticky rice and unbelievable cheap clothings and accessories


Breakfast at Period Pratunam Hotel.


Pasta + Stir Fried Veggie with Meat + Sausages + Ham + Egg + Orange Juice

What a Heavy Breakfast for us!

Simple Breakfast Set up in the Hotel


We took BTS from the nearest BTS station Ratchathewi to Mo Chit Station and alight for Chatuchuk. It is right to just follow the crowd across the overhead bridge to Chatuchuk. Best to visit it in the early morning to avoid the blazing hot sun when noon comes. 


We walked around the market and shop for cheap clothings and accessories and we came to the pet sections with cute little puppies and rabbits for sale. Too bad, I can't just buy one back to my hometown. 


My first time seeing rabbits wearing rabbit clothings....Awww so adorable! I used to think that only dogs will have doggie clothings to wear...Haha


This little grey bunny is so cute. Passer bys aren't supposed to take photos of the animals as there was a 'No Photography' sign. I don't care. I wanna take as many photos of the cutie bunnies as possible. 

Here's my pose with them. I doubt I can hold one on my palm to take photos with. If everyone does that, the owner can forget about making business by selling bunnies. 




They are so cute to the extent that they just look like plush toys. Too cute to be real.

Chatuchuk Market



All these roadside stalls' snacks I didn't try at Chatuchuk - Shouldn't have ate such heavy breakfast. I will try it on my coming 2nd Bangkok trip


You must try Bangkok's orange juice. It is real different from the ordinary orange juice. It is selling everywhere on the roadside. Refreshing fruit juice for a hot day to quench the thirst.





I saw this huge wallpaper of Hello Kitty Credit Card. That was my first seeing such credit cards. If there is My Melody character, I would have gone crazy for it though it is not practical to get a foreign bank credit card. 



Sushi made by Thais


This is the yummy mango sticky rice ever eaten in my life. Even D agreed that it is superb! Pandan flavoured glutinuous with those yellow crunchies on top + fresh mango slices - what a heavenly mix! I chanced upon it when we passed by a roadside stall near a plaza. It is found on the outskirt of Chatuchuk market. The next time I visit Chatuchuk, I gonna find this stall again and share with you guys the exact location of it.

(Update 2013: Just went back to Bangkok last Saturday and I couldn't find the stall anymore. It was supposed to be located along the road towards JJ Mall)

You can't consider yourself eaten mango sticky rice until U tried this!







We bought this drink which was a mixture of coconut with fruits and sago seeds. Too sweet to be nice. Thai desserts can get real sweet to the extent of discomfort. 


Performance by Thai children.



We went back to hotel for a short rest after a few hours in Chatuchuk. Bought these mini sugar doughnuts at Pratunam. It wasn't as nice as it looks. I am a sugar doughnut fanatic so there is a certain standard a doughnut needs to meet in order to be consider as Nice. 


Love my white Jumper bought in Bangkok.



No comments:

Post a Comment