Wednesday 4 December 2013

BANGKOK: Day 2 Part 2 - MBK + Siam Paragon + Rainbow Cake

Dec 2012

After a rest at the hotel from a morning visit at Chatuchuk, we head over to MBK and Siam Paragon area for shopping. We took BTS from Rachathewi station to National Stadium station for shopping. 

Cam-whore with my new white jumper


Thai version of cute bento set

A MacDonalds fan like me do not miss out Samurai Pork Burger. My first pork burger from Mac since my hometown's MacDonalds does not serve pork. 

Love the sauce that goes with the tender pork patty

D also ordered Mac Coke Float. Chilled drink with vanilla ice cream for a hot day @ MBK's MacDonalds

There is Madame Tussauds Musuem at Siam Discovery. I did not visit it as I already went for Madame Tussauds in Hong Kong. 

 Here's Britney Speak real life wax figurine. Since I won't ever meet her in real life for a photograph, I took one with her figure. She is so much prettier than me, haha. 


I like walking in departmental stores' / shopping mall's food section.  This is at Siam Paragon...Look at all these tempting yummy cakes with fruits. D bought the rainbow cake as shown below at Siam Paragon. 

Attracted by the layers of different colors of the circular cake, with the whipped cream on top and coloured tiny bits to add some crunchiness. 



The rainbow cake is from Ms Sasa at the basement of Siam Paragon.






Bought this green tea blended drink from DaKasi. It was disappointing in taste. Green tea without a strong green tea taste. I will never buy it again. 


We just decided on a random food stall at the roadside to settle our dinner. How come one go to Bangkok without trying its street food? It is the best way to try out authentic Thai food and experience the way locals dine.

We ordered the usual Pad Thai noodles, Pad Thai with flat noodles and Tom Yum Seafood Soup.





I had a Margherita at a bar and D ordered beer. Thailand alcohol is really cheap



That is how I end my second night in Bangkok




No comments:

Post a Comment