Sunday 15 December 2013

BANGKOK: Day 4 Pratunam Street Food + Siam Ocean World

Dec 2012

A day to Siam Paragon for Siam Ocean World (Check out the videos) + Street Food in Pratunam. We had our breakfast of rice vermicelli with stir fried chicken, egg and veggie. 


Bought Krispy Kreem doughnuts at Siam Paragon (Siam BTS station)

Waffle stick with hotdog @ Platinum Fashion Mall

I bought Thai Spring Roll which was super yummy with the crispy skin and wrapped vegetables inside from a street stall.

I love Thai Chicken Rice as it was not that oily compared to other chicken rice. This meant that less chicken oil used to cook the rice, the lesser the fragrance of the rice is. I am fine with that. Healthier > Better

This chicken rice stall is across the street opposite Platinum Fashion Mall. I couldn't remember at that time whether I had added sweet brown sauce to the chicken rice. It was very nice if you eat it with the brown sauce which was to be added by yourself provided separately. 

D bought a bottle of pepsi and the stall helper refused to let him take away the bottle. If you order a bottle of drink, you are only allowed to drink it in the shop. Takeaway means it will be be served in a different packaging. I guess it must be due to the reason that they want to recycle the bottle. 

We also had the famous wanton noodle at SabX2 Wanton Noodles.
It was indeed delicious as mentioned online. The noodles was oily due to the added lard to add to the fragrance of the noodles. In the mornings, the shop is always crowded with tourists waiting outside to get a seat there. 


4/32-33 Soi Petchburi 19
Pratunam, Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: 02-653 9618, 081-839 5105
Opens daily from 9.30am - 5.30pm


We went to Siam Ocean World at Siam Paragon and to me, this is the best aquarium in Asia. With a combination of rainforest theme and ocean theme, it is really worth the price for entry. It has many variety of animals, check out the photos to see what kind of animals they have. My favourite is the seeing of a snake swallowing a rat. 

Entry for an adult cost 900 baht. 












Shrimp









The visuals of the aquarium is really beautiful.




Stone fish. Can you see it?



Sea Horse
 I like it that it was the male seahorse which gives birth. If only male humans also have that.....sigh






I like this white seahorse. It is very unique to me. Not a lot of animals are fully white in colour.






















These fishes are really huge. I don't know which breed because I just read and forget the information provided. LOL












Frogs




























Awesome! Live eating of rat by the snake. Wow, I was there at the right time. 

















Huge aquarium. Should I say it is gigantic?






Creepy crawlies - Spiders

















Aww....the cutie penguins













Shark




Wow! I didn't know that.
















It was so cool to see a hammerhead shark. I think to see a live shark in the ocean with me inside is too scary. I am contented with just seeing sharks in aquariums. 



















A fruitful trip to Siam Ocean World. There are many species of animals which are my first time seeing, eg. white seahorse, giant fishes, snake live swallowing of a rat and hammerhead shark. 

Next: BANGKOK Day 4 Part II + Day 5 (Last Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment