Thursday 3 July 2014

Seoul II: Sinsa + Namdaemun Market


April 2014

With the chilling wind blowing across the street, I crossed over to Sinsa street
- Garosugil: Sinsa Station (신사역) – Line 3, exit 8 (10 minute walk) for Softree's Honey Chips Milk Ice cream. With the guide online, it is easy to find the shop.

Sinsa Exit 8 > Missha Shop > Turn left into Dosan-daero 13-gil > walk straight til People to People store at right side of the road > Turn right to a small lane.


I'm disappointed that the ice cream is not available in corno form :( I have to settle for ice cream instead. It is cold in the spring so I guess that explained there is no crowd in the store. I was expecting a long queue based on online reviews. Indeed, the ice cream melt fast with the honey chip toppings @ 4800 won.
Love it that Garosugil street has free wifi. I enjoyed my ice cream while posting it online using free wifi

Few days later, I head over to Namdaemun Market - Hoehyeon Station. It is huge compared to Gwangjang Market. Namdaemun Market is divided into sections - children, food, adult clothings etc.  



Children's section @ Exit 4

It's time for lunch. I entered a store that provides English menu which is convenient for a foreigner like me.
 I ordered Mandu soup with meat filling inside. It costs 6000 won and I took at least one hour to finish it due to my unwell body. Kimchi provided are too hard to be chewed so I only enjoyed my soft mandu (dumplings).


I love Korean seaweed and I bargained for 3 big packets 22,500 won. In each big packet, there are 3 different flavours and one big packet consists of 18 small packets. 1 flavour - six small packets.


I enjoy walking along the food alley 

.
Chanced upon this bun shop when I came out from Exit 6. I bought 2 red bean buns - 1500 won each. The size is huge with lotsa sweet red bean filling. 




This is how big the bun is 

From Namdaemun Market, I exit from exit 6 and walked straight along the road to Myeongdong.  

I did not take much photos at Myeongdong. The place is just full of beauty products shops and the sales girls working there will distribute one free facial masks if you enter their shop to at least take a look at their products in the hope of you buying something before you free. In total, I got 7 free facial masks for just visiting some stores and bought from some of the shops.











No comments:

Post a Comment