Wednesday 15 July 2015

Tokyo III + Osaka: Tokyo Day 1 + Tokyo to Osaka Day 2 Part 2

July 2015

Chanced upon a shopping street - Doguya-suji which sells cooking utensils and chefs uniforms. 








 Ice cubes are sold in plastic cups in a convenience store. I'm surprised to see my favourite Starbucks Matcha latte sold in Japan's convenience stores. 

 I bought it for 216 yen

 While looking for Namba visitor information centre which is locating at 1F Nankai Namba Station, I saw a cute bakery shop selling dolphin buns and adorable buns in the form of kitty faces and paws.


 Name of Bakery - Tobira

 I'm assigned to buy Pablo cheese tart for this trip and I saw green tea (matcha) flavour with Azuki red beans and glutinous rice balls as filling. Gosh, I'm going to buy them all back on my last day of stay in Japan. 




 Arrival at Ebisubashi-suji Street



Colored Contact lens with Sanrio Characters prints. 


 Non nicotine 'smoking' pen

 Sennichimae Shopping Street




 Dotombori has many restaurants and the billboards they use are very interesting.





 I'm surprised to see the Osaka version of koibito biscuits (Lovers' Biscuits). It is originally from Hokkaido and apparently, Osaka produces their very version of the biscuits. With sweet white cream filling in between white langue de chat cookies, these cookies capture the favour of people who have tasted them. I am very happy to lay my hands on them. One box cost 669 yen. Some shops sell them at 670 yen.

There are quite a number of snack shops along Dotombori street which sell them.



 Snacks with Takoyaki and/ Okonomiyaki taste. There are also many food vendors selling Takoyaki in Dotombori. 


 On the second floor of the snack shop, adorable animal figurines for sale. I love the bunnies.














 I take note of this gyoza shop and returned on the next day to try their gyoza. They are selling at 200 yen for 5 pieces. That's cheap



 Photos of the Ebisu-bashi bridge with the famous sign of Glico



 Shinsaibashi shopping street offers free wifi and it runs north to south from Nagahori Street to Ebisubashi Street. 


 Sanrio Shop in Shinsaibashi





 Walking back from Shinsaibashi > Dotombori > to Sennichimae Shopping Street

 Starting from Namba Station, walk along the street where you see Takashimaya and OIOI shopping mall to start your journey towards the previous mentioned shopping street. I am back to Dotombori for gyoza and sennichimae shopping street for meat bun the next day. Stay Tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment