Tuesday 18 March 2014

BANGKOK II: Day 4 Part 2 - Asiatique

Dec 2013

Asiatique - Bangkok Night Market - a place for riverfront shopping and dining - caught my attention and I decided to pay it a visit for my 2nd Bangkok trip. I took train from Rachathewi BTS to Saphan Taksin BTS  (for THB 37) & walk out of the station towards the rivers - at the very left side and you will see the red sign that shows the queue to the free ferry ride to Asiatique


It is best to go to Asiatique at around 5plus so that you can have dinner  by the river and enjoy night scenery at there. I did not dine at there but I may try to do so the next time I go to Bangkok. The reason I go to Asiatique is to purchase slippers from Zhoelala. I happen to find out the slippers were actually cheaper at Asiatique outlet than Zhoelala outlet at shopping mall.


Find out more about Asiatique at www.thaiasiatique.com

The Factory District is where the shopping goes on, and where most of the 1500 small shop are located in old warehouses. You find lots of fashion, some souvenirs, design items, handicrafts, furniture, home furnishings and other things, and the selection resembles the kind of merchandise you find at Terminal 21 – at least when it comes to fashion. You get good value for the money you pay, but it’s not the cheap bargain hunting you find at many other night markets.

The Waterfront District is what you see when you first arrive by boat. You find fancy restaurants and event venues lined up along a 300m boardwalk. Concerts, festivals and the New Year’s countdown celebrations take place here.

The Down Square District is a mixture of Thai & Western influences – a large sports bar, international food, and a small events area.

The Chareonkrung District is where you find more than 1,000 retail shops selling handicrafts, home decor, souvenirs, but also the Joe Louis Puppet Theatre and the Calypso Show

Love the decors of these dining places

There is a Ferris wheel but I didn't ride on it. Guess it wasn't that special from other Ferris wheel in other countries.


Found it! Zhoelala


The shop owner requested a photo of me with my new purchases and post it in Zhoelala Facebook. I bought 2 pairs for THB 450. One of them was inside the plastic carrier I was holding and the other was worn by me. The only photo of me in Asiatique due to my loss of my selfie shots in my lost phone.


Gosh! The guitars are so pretty! Not the usual brown guitars. There are even Hello Kitty and My Melody guitars.
Check this out! Cute animal designs lights. I wanted to buy one back but it wasn't convenient to check them in with my luggage :(

Yellow ducky! They are made of soap. So cute!!!


Hey Chicky!





Saw this seahorse doll which is as long as 150cm. Wanna hug it back home but once again not practical to do so.
Warehouse Section 8




The clothing line - Dream Catcher - Cute prints

Night falls and the lights up


Love the free ferry

Here's the map about the direction to Asiatique
                

Up Next: BANGKOK II: Day 4 Part 2- Thonglor Night Market


No comments:

Post a Comment