Monday 17 March 2014

BANGKOK II: Day 3 - Chatuchuk + Day 4 Part 1 Food

Dec 2013

Chatuchuk is a place where I will never fail to visit whenever I am in Bangkok. It is of walkable distance from BTS Mo Chit Station. Once out of the station, follow the crowd to Chatuchuk.

 I was looking forward to get some rabbit feeds and any other useful items for my cute bunny named BB. Hence, I headed straight to the pets sections. 

 Too bad I do not own a dog as dog's food, accessories and necessities are easily available in pet shops. Being a proud owner of 2 bunnies and loving hem so much, I managed to get them a pet carrier to accomodate them at only THB 350 , Timonthy Hay at THB 180  , rabbit feeds at THB420


Pet Section 11

 Street food at Chatuchuk - They look appealing but I did not try them. It is kinda common that everywhere has fried food. My main interest is Thai Mango Sticky Rice. With the sweet coconut syrup coating the soft sticky rice and juicy sweet mango, how can I resist such sweet temptation especially under the hot weather weather of Bangkok.....
 Mango Sticky Rice - THB 50. I bought 3 packets at one go and ate 2 on the same day. The third packet was kept in a refrigerator and to my horror, the rice turned hard. The sweetness of the coconut syrup was still there but the mango wasn't as perfect as freshly cut. Oh well, lesson learnt - mango sticky rice is best eaten when freshly prepared. 

 Under the hot blistering sun, I was trying to savor as much sweet stuff as possible. I have never try Thai Ice Cream before, and tada....mango ice cream for me. My favourite fruit is Mango, so that explains why I love mango sticky rice and anything mango flavor.

 Mango Ice Cream - THB 12

 Lost some photos taken with my iPhone :( thus not many photos for Chatuchuk - Lost my selfie shots and food tasting photos. Above are the items I bought. At the bottom, is the red carrier which I am proud of. It was really value for money and the design looks expensive.


This is my bunny - orange female Netherlands Dwarf called BB. BB checking out her new carrier.


 Next, I head off to MBK and Siam Paragon. Bought my favorite Calbee brand of Prawn Crackers that come in 3 different flavors - Tom Yam (the best of 3), Original, and Seaweed. 10 packets for THB 165. I have bought 2 packets of instant noodles. The blue packaging is eel flavor and the orange packaging is Tom Yam which is my favorite. The next time I am back to Bangkok, I gonna buy a few more of the orange package which I have no idea of the brand name since I cannot read Thai words.

 Instant Noodle - 1 packet - THB 96

 Pose with my spacious room at Ten Stars Inn

Day 4, I went back to Pratunam Market for shopping again to Platinum Mall as well. Bought breads at Big C Supermarket at the right side of Platinum Mall. 


I love buying bread at Thailand because they are too cheap to resist. Love their donuts which is the original flavor  - sugar coated THB 7  and I chose the hot dog fried bread THB 12.

 Once again, Back to Bangkok and have to try MacDonald's Spinach Pie. I thought that spinach never taste nice until I try this spinach pie from MacDonalds. Love the mixture of the spinach and the gravity which do not have a strong green veggie taste and smell. A good try for veggie haters....

 Spinach Pie - THB 29
Bought this pink pokka dot sleeveless top at Cupcake Store - Platinum Mall at THB 200. Bulk purchases of 3 and more will be given discounts. I bought 3 sleeveless shirt and 1 white sleeve shirt.


 Awesome green healthy filling with the cripsy crust on the outside



No comments:

Post a Comment